BUILDING RESILIENT COMMUNITIES THROUGH RECOVERY SUPPORT TO FLOOD AND LANDSLIDE COMMUNITIES IN KERALA.
Objectives:- Building Resilient Communities through Recovery support
to Flood and Landslide communities in 10 wards
- Conduct participatory disaster risk assessment in the 10 selected wards to understand the analysis of risk in the area.
- Form village disaster management committee who can lead the capacity building project in the selected wards and to ensure the programme is community managed.
- Develop village contingency and development and aim an integration of the same in the Panchayath Annual plan.
- Form and strengthen ward level task force on early warning search and rescue first aid and camp management.
- Sensitization and Training of Rights & Entitlements on DRR,DM Policy.
- Conduct school level DRR activities with children in a selected government school Mock drills, awareness on disaster, capacity building of school children on first aid.
- Documentation of good practices and dissemination.